I recently received a Liebster Blog Award nomination from http://CrankyCaregiver.wordpress.com and I am going to try to fulfill my responsibilities in accepting this award. I am not sure that I know how to do all these things but I can certainly try. I WANT to do it–I just don’t know that much about links and stuff like that. But , anyway, here goes. AND, I hope this all works.
First I want to thank crankycaregiver for her nomination. The first time I read her blog, I was impressed with her writing skills and felt an immediate connection to her style and stories. We have a lot in common. I thoroughly enjoy reading everything she writes/posts and recommend anyone who wants a pleasant experience to visit her blog.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite”. This award is the “favorite blog award” and I’m sure my nominees will join in by welcoming newcomers by passing on this award. There is no penalty for not continuing this long, long tradition of saying “Hello” to newbies, unless you consider a visit by my Gravatar laying some guilt on your doorstep to be a penalty. Kidding! I know that being nominated gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling and I can’t wait to pass that feeling on to some of my new friends.
Now, of course, there are rules to passing on the baton, and here they are.
Here are the rules should you choose to accept:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog
4. List 11 Random Facts about yourself
5. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
6. Nominate 5 blogs that you enjoy to receive the award who have less than 200 followers.
7. List 11 questions for your nominees.
8. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog
Eleven random facts about myself:
1. I have researched my genealogy-family history back 200 plus years
2. I am a registered nurse who has worked in Pediatrics most of my life
3. I am passionate about photography and have recently started studying lighting and setting up a “studio” in my family room
4. I lived in Florida for a couple of years and loved living near the beach
5. We bought a boat last year and I have learned how to dock a boat
6. I love ballroom dancing.
7. I know how to install lighting, lay tile and hardwood floors and do minor plumbing
8. Landscape design and gardening are both things that I am good at and enjoy doing.
9. I LOVE to read science fiction, fantasy novels, best sellers and scary books!
10. John Prine is one of my favorite music artists. As are Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, and Billy Joe Royal
11. My parents live near the Great Smoky Mountains on top of a mountain.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, which storyteller would you like to be on your island? Jennifer Weiner–love her books
- Why did you choose WordPress? I researched it on the web and WordPress seemed to be the best free site available
- Do your family and friends support your passion for your blog? Not really…they aren’t big readers. I have a large family and some of them read it. I wish it were otherwise.
- How often do you post on your blog? couple of times a week on average
- Have you met any of your fellow WordPress Bloggers? nope–how would that happen?
- What is your favorite hobby? Photography and digital art-manipulation
- Where do you look for inspiration for your works? Internet
- Would you rather read or write? read, I guess, but I love blogging
- Who’s your favorite relative and why? I don’t know. Either my sisters or my parents (they read this on occasion so I can’t choose!!!)
- When you go to the Reader, do you read the blogs you follow first and then browse through the topics to find more? the blogs I follow
- How did you hear about WordPress By the internet and research
The Blogs that I nominate:
My questions for them are these:
What was your favorite blog written about?
where in the world have you traveled?
where in the world would you most want to travel?
What topics do you most enjoy reading about in blogs?
How do you find blogs that you like to read?
Did you teach yourself how to use wordpress or did someone help you?
How long do you see yourself writing blogs?
What is your most important life goal?
What life goal have you already accomplished?
Whats your most favorite place?
Who is your most favorite person outside of family members?